Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm so into Green Day!


For this whole week, I have been listening to Green Day's new album,21st Century Breakdown. I don't even know whether I'm into punk or not in the first place.

I listen to one or two of Green Day's songs, but not that i really know them like how their fans are.I just can't listen Blink 182,really can't. I love Good Charlotte, but some say they not really "true" punk band. So,I don't really sure, does punk suit to my ears?

This album is the first Green Day's album that I listen to every single song in the whole album. Full. From the first track to the last. What I can say, my first impression are, they are like punk-ed-The Beatles.

Not that I really listen to The Beatles, but their songs in this album are really easy going, nothing complicated nor sophisticated, just harsh punk guitar rift, fast pace drumming, some lead, rinse and repeat, finish.

It's simple. You don't have to strain ur mind to listen to their song.It's just a really simple yet entertaining music. Apart from clever lyrics which like in American Idiot, going on about world crisis, syndrome of society and all, the music is really easy going. It's not lack details or sense, but to me, this is how punk music should be, a 4 minutes of an-easy-going-yet-fun-and-thrilling-adventure.

Most of the songs, I found it start with a mellow intro apart from Know Your Enemy, Horseshoe and Handgrenade, and Murder City, which to me, kinda a turn off for first impression, but after that the melody and tempo change drastically to typical punk style.There are also some slow rock, mellow songs. I love it, the voice and the instrument suit well and really soothing.

The song that attract me the most is Peacemaker as the song sound really different from the other tracks. It got Mexican style melody and to me, a little bit taste of Arabian. Really fun, enjoying and entertaining. I keep laughing while listening to it. I've been thinking," where the hell did those guys found the idea to make this song".

To sum up, I love their easy going and light-yet-still-punk music in this new album. It's easily comprehend and entertaining. Some say that they on the end of their fame, though American Idiot did rise them to quite a great height, but I like this Green Day. Maybe this is not how Green Day are when they did the (great) Dookie album, but I like the today, here and now, GREEN DAY.

3 comments:

  1. 21 gun bes~
    hahaha
    tanx 4 the review

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes.betul! seetuju.21 guns is one of the best slow-rock-mellow song i ever listen to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this the cover for the new GD album???
    look a lot like MCR cover once though...

    ReplyDelete