Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Anybody Heard of.....Tenacious D??

Couple of months ago, I watched a movie called Tenacious D:Pick of Destiny,cast by Jack Black,which is the main reason why I watched it because if there Jack Black in it,the movie must be really crazy and wacky.Hey,its Jack Black!! duh....

Well,to my surprised,the movie was some sort of musical movie,yes,just like High School Musical...just a little bit different...in a lot of way...

The movie start off with a scene where in a town call Kickapoo,there's a family which really nice and religious,but there one guy,the youngest son in the family,was the opposite of other members.He is rebellious and the most obvious characteristic is,he love rock music,which seems like a taboo to the family.The scene start in forms of a music video,with sound of music instrument and lyrics which describe the scene act by the casts.Really musical-like.I can ensure you,the song was damn good and hilarious too in sense of the lyrics.There was one part where a vocalist of Black Sabbath(one of the legendary rock band),Dio make an appearance and sing.Seriously,that 72-years-old-man still had his magic.His voice freaking awesome,unrivaled by any other human on this planet.I even download some of their songs after that lol.You could called it.....abrupt fanaticism.

There are a lot of other songs,as I can recall there were 7 songs,all are good,really good.Of course,all are rock songs,somehow it reminds me of the 80's kind of rock songs.Maybe in Malaysia sense,we could called Jack Black is a fan of "rock kapak".The movie was short,around 1 hour and plus,making it a very fast face movie.The best part is you wont get bored and rewatchability would be higher than usual.

Apart from that,Tenacious D was not a movie name,actually it is a name for a band formed by Jack Black and Kyle Gass,which also the main cast in the film.So,naturally all the songs in the movie can be downloaded(yeahhh).There are also other nice song like Tribute,which really,really good till give me some sort of goosebumps(I feel that when a song touch my...soul,I would say).Got a slow rock version and got a rock version,the rock one I saw in youtube where they perform with 2 guitarist(I don't know them because the camera ain't focusing on them)and a drummer,Dave Grohl.Yes.The vocalist of Foo Fighter and I think(because of his hairstyle) during that recording he still Nirvana's drummer,you know.....,Nirvana....,Kurt Cobian...,brain-blowing-thanks-to-the-shotgun stuff.If you download it,usually you would get the rock version.Seriously.Its a damn good.One of the best song I ever heard.

I also discovered,when they were still new,long before the movie appears,Jack Black was still...young..they were actually a television show.Every episode there will be a comedy-stuff,that,at the end of the show,there would be a song,related to the episode storyline.So,the they promoting their song one per episode.Nice advertising method...

So,try too look for the movie,torrent-ing,and listen to their song,maybe you would like it.Like me,I'm already a fan of a band called Tenacious D!!

No comments:

Post a Comment