Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Malaysian TV Shows

First,no offense to Malays-drama fan ok?Just voicing out my opinion.(well,its my own blog anyway...whatever...)

I don't have a favourite TV shows before this.Most of my time spend on gaming and surfing the net.Then I went to college.Apparently all(2)my roommates have notebook and one of them have Maxis Broadband.So,surfing the net is at our fingertips.

There was one guy name Muhaimi which some sort of our Downloading-officer.He somehow responsible to the downloading stuff.Torrent-ing movie and tv shows.From there I knew Kyle XY,Prison Break,Supernatural,Heroes and Gossip Girl.We were so up-to-date until we only one week late that the airing date.Meaning if 1-1-09 the first episode of Gossip Girl premiers on air at US,we gonna watch it on 8-1-09,together with subtitle available.

Then,I finished college and on long holidays.I watched our Malays drama,and I don't like it at all.Not that I never expect this.But,something cross my mind.I used to read bout the reason why our film is inferior to others.One of them is no budget,our equipment and technology not modern enough.Well,watched Kyle XY and you will see the community is poorer than any of our Malays drama.There was only one car that "act" in the show and its no Mercedes.Really old and wear out.The main character was no CEO,they just some waiter at some cafe.

The most common things in our drama was CEO,major company,luxurious cars,Datuk and Tan Sri,and the best part,rojak language.Combining bahasa Malaysia and English.Well,some sort of telling other that you are one of the elite.Hell,there is no such thing as "speak English,then you will be superior than others"!!

While other TV shows don't even have to have a car or a company,or have to speak foreign language,eventhought it is obvious they are superior in us in term of modernisation.Still,their TV shows succeed.

I also read about doing those "common thing" in order to motivate Malaysian,especially Malays to become what the actor in the drama did.Like being a CEO,having a major company and have a luxurious cars.Well,I thing that is not what should be the main focus.Wealth is not everything.Having a big company doesn't portrait you a honest person.Having title as Datuk doest show that you are not corrupt.We should focus on what essential in humans,love.Love to our parent,friends and other human.That is what important.With love,no killing would happens.With love,no corruption would happen.Build the most important elements in a human,build noble personality,strong attitude.Not promoting money-is-everything-in-the-world syndrome.If those messages are delivered to the audiences,there will be no such cases as absurd as flushing baby in the toilet and putting pig head in front of someone houses,or bombing someone with C4.And there are tons other messages to be delivered.Well,the show must be able to deliver the messages first,of course...

Even if we want to educate Malaysian,educate them how to respect our mother languages,I'm talking about BAHASA MALAYSIA and how to practice and speak them correctly.


2 comments: