Monday, April 27, 2009

Expensive or Not??

When I myself or accompany my friends went for shopping or just dine, I always hear 2 common phrase, "mahal la...” and "wah...murah giler doh...”.

So, I wonder, what are the exact definition of expensive and cheap?? How can we determine whether that something is cheap or not?? Based on the value per performance ratio?? After a long brainstorming session for couple of weeks,couple of hours per day, (I used to think bout something, whether it trivial or crucial when im bored) I have something else in my mind. For me, to determine whether that something is expensive or not, is based and depends on the buyer. 

I’ll give a situation, easier to explain this way. If I was to buy a necklace priced at RM200 but I have only RM10 in my pocket, so the "mahalnyer" phrase would have the highest probability to come out from my mouth. 

But if I have like more than RM2000, maybe I won’t even think twice before grab that necklace. 

To simplify it, 2o cent sweets can be expensive to a person who only have 10 cent, and a 20 grand handbag can be something so damn cheap to a person who have 10 credit cards in her crocodile-hide purse. 

This explain the "celebrities always buy something damn expensive, even if it is only a panties" phenomenon.

So,there is no such thing as expensive or not.There are only "your just damn rich" and "your just freaking broke".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment